Short Pier Productions proudly presents
NORMAL VIEW 4:
April 1-3, 2005
From the furthest, darkest corners of the universe they came...
Seven movies thought to be unwatchable. Seven films that could only be
birthed in the creative vacuum. But they have seen our transmissions,
they have watched our films. They have seethed in jealousy. And they
And all that stands in their way are a few brave souls who have
gathered to destroy these monstrosities. A ragtag group of heroes
who have gathered under one banner to save us all:
NORMALVIEW IV: IN SPAAACE!
Come join us in heckling these awful, awful films -- you'll be joining
the ranks of Crow, Tom Servo, Joel, Mike and the directors' mothers.
Ok, not really. But they'll be there in spirit.
Normal View: when movies bite, we bite back.
- Friday, Apr. 1
- 7:00pm: Robot Monster
- Yes, the MST guys already did this one. It was a first season episode
and you haven't seen it anyway. And there was a reason they picked it, you
know. The leader of the aliens has to wear a Jacques Cousteau helmet over
his ape suit, because apparently he lives in a carwash.
- 9:00pm: Leprechaun 4: In Space
- By this point, any pretense of being a horror film has worn off -- what
that leaves us with I'm not entirely sure. But at least they kept the most
important part of any horror film: the scantily clad ladies.
- Saturday, Apr. 2
- 1:00pm: Warlock: the Armageddon
- I can only assume that the "script" of this one was a cocktail napkin
with the words "Druids + Satan = Warlock" on it under several sets of drink
stains. And the first draft probably had Freemasons.
- 3:00pm: Space Warriors Baldios
- Our feature presentation at NormalView: Anime Edition and our first
animated feature at NormalView proper. Brian will be sitting through this
for the third time, and wanted all of you to know he is NOT HAPPY.
- 5:00pm: Dinner Break
- 7:00pm: Golden Munchie Classic:
- "Can we make the cat guys look like rubber lizards?"
- "Only if I get to make the spaceships operate on sonar."
- 9:00pm: Golden Munchie Inductee:
Doc Savage: The Man of Bronze
- He's smarter than the average goon
- He loves to march to Sousa tunes
- His sidekicks know that he's the best
- Because he always bares his chest
- Sunday, Apr. 3
- 1:00pm: Viewer's Choice
- A smorgasbord of torture for your viewing displeasure. Because the only
thing worse than watching crap is being outvoted and having to watch
someone else's crap.
- The viewer's choice was ... Alien Apocalypse, a Sci-Fi Channel
original movie that featured Bruce Campbell out-witting and out-quipping
the proprietors of an intergalactic Home Depot.
Exact location information will be posted ASAP. This offer is not
available in Arkansas, New Hampshire, or XXXL. Viewer discretion is
advised; void in the bathroom like every other civilized person.