Short Pier Productions proudly presents
NORMALVIEW DOUBLE 007:
ATTACK OF THE THE DOUBLE FEATURES
March 28 - 30, 2008
Thank you for coming in, Agent. The situation is extremely dangerous,
but we're confident that your abilities are up to the challenge. Our
affiliates have detected a broadcast from our old friends on the other
side -- weapons-grade media capable of rendering the sharpest mind into a
gooey smear. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to
sabotage this broadcast in any way you can. You have full authority;
we cannot allow this broadcast to proceed un-heckled. The fate of the
free world may well rest in your hands. Good luck, Agent -- and do try
not to get distracted by the pretty girls on the way out.
NORMALVIEW DOUBLE 007: ATTACK OF THE THE DOUBLE FEATURES
Once again, Short Pier Productions is proud to present our festival of
bad movies in the style of Mystery Science Theater 3000. The lineup
was chosen from a list of over 40 movies screened for this event, so
the quality is truly exceptional this year. Come for as many movies as
you like -- to heckle, watch others heckle, or just indulge your
All showings this year will be in room 108 of the English
Building, thanks to a grant from our secret ninja
benefactors. Enjoy the double features in a brand new location!
The building is located at 608 S. Wright St., Urbana, IL 61801.
Parking in most University lots is free on the weekends and after 5pm
on Friday; check the signs in each lot for any restrictions. The
closest lot is near Rentertainment on John St. between 5th and 6th Streets.
- Friday, March 28th: WORLDSMASHER DOUBLE FEATURE
- 7:00 PM: Battle of the Worlds
- Oh Claude Raines, how you have fallen. Those of you that suffered
through War of the Planets will be pleased to know that this movie has
a plot -- specifically, they stole the plot from When Worlds Collide and
improved it with "science."
- 9:00 PM: The War in Space
- Venusians are laying waste to our models and stock footage, and can
only be stopped by the powerful Japanese drill-rocket Gohten!
Featuring Roman spaceships, Jimmy from NASA, and the aliens from "V."
- Saturday Afternoon, March 29th: CARTOON DOUBLE FEATURE
- 1:00 PM: Garzey's Wing
- Your typical story of an easygoing Japanese teenager whisked away by a
mythic interdimensional goose to save a warlike society with the power
of kendo, his Towelrod, and his previously undiscovered reality twin.
By the creator of Gundam and from the universe of "Aura Battler Dunbine."
- 3:00 PM: Dragonlance: Dragons of Autumn Twilight
- Remember the Dungeons and Dragons animated series? Imagine what would
happen if someone tried to make an homage to it, and then hired Lucy
Lawless and Kiefer Sutherland as voice actors. Warning: blood will
rain from your eyes.
- Saturday Evening, March 29th: RINGSIDE DOUBLE FEATURE
- 7:00 PM: Abraxas
- Featuring Jesse "the Body" Ventura. A morality tale that could have
come straight out of Shakespeare, if only he would have known about
aliens, lasers, and the anti-life equation. Can our thousand-year-old
alien bounty hunter overcome his moral dilemma in time to save us all?
- 9:00 PM: Golden Munchie Showcase: Hell Comes to Frogtown
- Featuring "Rowdy" Roddy Piper. One of the all-time classics of bad
movies, NormalView is proud to present the only film where a
professional wrestler is the last virile male in a postapocalyptic
world full of amphibious mutants and computerized chastity belts.
- Sunday, March 30th
- 1:00 PM: Viewer's Choice
- You bring them, you vote on them, you complain about them. It is your
right and duty as an American citizen.
- The Viewer's Choice was...The Postman, Kevin Costner's post-apocalyptic epic in which the bad guys watch "The Sound of Music", and his mule is a better Shakespearian actor than he is.
Special Guest Appearances will be made throughout the festival by
Highlander: the Animated Series and the new installments of Trapped in
the Closet. Doors will be unlocked during these appearances for a