in association with
Normal View: Anime Edition 3
January 6, 2007
For the third year, Normal View was held at Ohayocon in Video Room 1 from
10pm-1am on Saturday, January 6th. The following specimens were shown.
- Panzer Dragoon
- Imagine taking a plot-free shooting game from the Sega Saturn and basing
an incoherent anime on it. Now imagine making the CGI effects in the anime
look like they were generated on the Saturn as well, and you have Panzer
Dragoon. There's no Saga here.
- Final Fantasy: Legend of the Crystals OAV 1
- This is the bad Final Fantasy anime. No, no, the OTHER one. The one
with the constant panty shots, mistranslations of names, a bad guy
apparently named "Death Gyros", fat air pirates in lingerie, and a heroine
who can shoot a beam of light from the crystal embedded in her butt.
- Dragon Ball: The Magic Begins
- The first live action movie shown at the Anime Edition, this film can
best be summed up by a comment made by a viewer as they were leaving:
"I think you broke my brain." This movie makes the Dragon Ball Z TV series
look like Citizen Kane.
- Final Fantasy: Legend of the Crystals OAV 2
- Still isn't any better.